Moderator Control Panel ]

Passengers to Australia

Found any online record sets or tools that have helped your family history research? Share your discoveries here

Passengers to Australia

Postby Nev Carter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:30 pm

I found this Victorian Government site that has very good lists for passengers, ship name and dates for assisted / unassisted and interstate travel. I have found quite a lot of good data here. For example, a family I could not locate in Yorkshire after 1841 Census was a major brick wall. The reason for this was the whole family except for one, emigrated to Australia. There was only family knowledge of two coming here, my grandfather and his brother who both lived in Stawell, Victoria. The rest I found had had settled in Sydney.

This site does have BD&M records but it cost .99 cents to view records, but you can buy and download the certificates.

Hope this is of interest.

http://www.access.prov.vic.gov.au/public/PROVguides/PROVguide023/PROVguide023.jsp
Researching, Carter from Yorkshire, Elliott from Kent, Lambeth from London, Langtry from Liverpool and Ireland, Wishart from Cornwall and Virgo from Sussex.
Nev Carter

Re: Passengers to Australia

Postby DaveFreeman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:18 pm

I have reference of my family going to Australia. I'll try your link

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
DaveFreeman

Return to Useful resources