Moderator Control Panel ]

Firm Fan

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Firm Fan

Postby Wallickswdytya » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:46 pm

I have been a great fan of WDYTYA from the beginning and have bought magazines but have never subscribed because most of them concentrate on the southern counties. Will there ever be anything relevant to the Northeast and the heavy industrial jobs as well as the coalfields and the lead mines??
Researching ancestry of TAMAR CRUDDAS and JAMES WALL m 12/5/1867
Wallickswdytya

RE: Firm Fan

Postby Features Editor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello there
We try to ensure we cover a good spread of regions, subject areas and eras in every issue – as well as making sure there's something for every level of researcher, beginners and more advanced family historians alike…
Re the North-east, we covered Northumberland in issue 10 and we will be featuring Tyne and Wear in the December issue. We hope to include North Yorkshire and the East Riding of Yorkshire soon.
Watch out, too, for our new slot focusing on industries – we'll be covering heavy industries such as shipbuilding and others over the coming months.
If anyone has any subject areas they'd love us to include, then let us know and we'll try to oblige!
Claire

Features Editor

RE: Firm Fan

Postby Wallickswdytya » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Thank you for your reply, you seem to be covering all the North East except County Durham.......
Researching ancestry of TAMAR CRUDDAS and JAMES WALL m 12/5/1867
Wallickswdytya

Re: Firm Fan

Postby Deputy Editor » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Hello there
Sorry for the delay in responding – we've been working flat out on the new site!
I'll add County Durham to my list…
Claire
Deputy Editor

Return to Magazine chat