Moderator Control Panel ]

Stonely South

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Stonely South

Postby JanT » Sun May 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have just received a birth certificate which states the person was born in Stonely South, sub district Tottenham, registration district Edmonton. I have googled to find out which enumeration district it is in so I can search for her and athough I can find Stonely South for other census years I cannot find it for 1871. Can anyone help please. I have tried Ancestry but this lady went by several different names so I really need to trawl through. Many thanks.
JanT

RE: Stonely South

Postby Daniel Cossins » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi there JanT,

I've just heard that digital versions of the original Registration District maps from the 1871 census are now available to browse and download at [link=http://www.cassinimaps.co.uk/shop/tna1.asp]cassinmaps.co.uk[/link].

The maps are free to view online and you can search by postcode, place name, parish and district name, though there is a charge to download the maps.

That may help you pin down the enumeration district for Stonely South.

Please keep us posted about your progress.

Regards,

Dan
Daniel Cossins
Site Admin

RE: Stonely South

Postby JanT » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:03 am

Thank you for your reply, what a good site. I have managed to find her, thank goodness. She was using her surname from a previous marriage and also put her children under that name as well. Anyway it has answered some questions for me. Many thanks.
JanT

Return to Genealogy chat