Moderator Control Panel ]

Out of stock back issues found!

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Out of stock back issues found!

Postby Editor » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Good news everyone! Our advertising department has had a move around and come across some boxes of back issues including issues 2, 4, 12 and other out of stock issues. We don't have many and it will take a few days for them to get onto the system, but I thought I would give you all a heads up because I know how many of you were missing issues, particularly issue 2. I will put another post up on the forum as soon as I know that they are on the system, but I don't expect that to be before next Wednesday.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

RE: Out of stock back issues found!

Postby ksouthall » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:56 am

Thanks for this. Is there an index of what was in the first 12 issues please? I can't remember what articles were in them.
ksouthall

Postby pre1837 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:30 am

Yes, as was stated last week...on the cover disc of the latest issue.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Editor » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:30 pm

Now, now don't be hard on ksouthall she is about to reach celebrity status by featuring in our May issue as the reader's story (and it's a very good one, thanks for getting in touch with us Katherine). We will have a back issues index on every cover CD from now onwards.
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:36 am

Sarah,
Thanks for mentioning the reader story, I was hoping to lie low for a while, especially having seen the photos. Perhaps you should warn the readers before they look on those pages, it's not a pretty sight.
I should mention that Claire has done a very good job of making the story interesting, as it's not of major importance to anyone outside my family.
I will check the cover disc. I had seen the index of the more recent issues in the magazine but wasn't sure if the cover disc went back to issue one.
ksouthall
ksouthall

Postby storyteller » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:40 am

[quote]ORIGINAL: Editor

Good news everyone! Our advertising department has had a move around and come across some boxes of back issues including issues 2, 4, 12 and other out of stock issues. We don't have many and it will take a few days for them to get onto the system, but I thought I would give you all a heads up because I know how many of you were missing issues, particularly issue 2. I will put another post up on the forum as soon as I know that they are on the system, but I don't expect that to be before next Wednesday.

Sarah
[/quote]

[:)]That is great news, having re-checked all issues, it's issue 2 that I'm missing in my collection.

Will be great to have the full set.
Researching :- Kelley, Greenwood, Buckley, Loring,

Gooch, Rogers, Nicklen, Clarke, Hull and more ,lol
storyteller

Return to Magazine chat