Moderator Control Panel ]

WWI Photo - Which regiment?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

WWI Photo - Which regiment?

Postby Neddy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:20 am

[font=arial][size=2]Attached is a photograph of my great grandfather William Spence taken in 1916. He was born in Cloughfold, Burnley on the 6th November 1877. He moved to Bispham near Blackpool, Lancashire around 1912 and lived with his wife Sarah Elizabeth and father-in-law at 38 Hesketh Avenue. We are trying to identify his regiment from the uniform and believe he served on the Somme. Unfortunately he never discussed the war to his daughter and are now struggling to find any info on his regiment and where he may have served. Please can anybody help. Does anyone recognise the regiment.[/size][/font][/align] [/align] [/align]

[image]local://215/07D5057798CD4F1B82183F26D09D7571.jpg[/image]
Neddy

RE: WWI Photo - Which regiment?

Postby snaphappy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:33 am

William is wearing a bandalier across his chest and has a white lanyard at the shoulder. I can not see his brass shoulder title properly but with the bandalier and white lanyard I would say that he was a member of the artillery, more likely to be Field Artillery than Garrison Artillery.

snaphappy
snaphappy

Return to Photo identification