Moderator Control Panel ]

issue 2? Still trying to get no.1!

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

issue 2? Still trying to get no.1!

Postby annesthreads » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:06 pm

I sent off my subscription details well before issue 1 came out, but STILL haven't received it. On 2nd Oct when I enquired I was told that I'd have it within 7-10 days, but it never came - even with the postal strike that's been a long wait. No.2 arrived yesterday, no problem. It looks like a good magazine, but I'm more than a little fed-up! I fear that no.1 will be unavailable before I get hold of it.
And what free DVDs? Didn't get those either! Not impressive.
annesthreads

RE: issue 2? Still trying to get no.1!

Postby andybish » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Despite subscribing some weeks ago I have still not received issue 2 or the free DVD set as promised. Especially disappointing as issue 2 was released to the High Street yesterday.
In my experience when subscribing to any magazine, one of the benefits is that it usually arrives in advance of the High Street date.

Andy
andybish

Postby annesthreads » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:36 am

Interesting to hear that I'm not the only one. I agree - if you subscribe, you should expect to get the magazine at least as soon as it's available in the shops, not be waiting for it. And certainly not be waiting over a month!
Any hope of a response from the team?
annesthreads

Postby FamilyHistoryAddict » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:16 am

I don't have a subscription to the magazine. I buy it from the shop. However, if I did have a subscription problem, I would use the contact details inside the front cover of the magazine to get my problem resolved. I would keep contacting them until my problem was resolved too.

Subs and Back Issues:

0844 844 0939
[email=wdytya@servicehelpline.co.uk]wdytya@servicehelpline.co.uk[/email]

Cheers, FHA
FamilyHistoryAddict

Postby Marie Lock » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:20 pm

HI All,

I am sorry you are experiencing difficulty with your subscriptions. The main problem seems to have been caused by the recent Royal Mail strikes and we are working with them to establish how many copies may still be in transit. As I am sure you can appreciate, this is very difficult to find out. Please do not hesitate to send me your details and I will ensure each query is dealt with immediatly.

You are correct in thinking subscribers receive their copy before it reaches the shops - we mail the magazine approx. 4 working days before the onsale date.

with best wishes
Marie
Marie Lock

Postby tricia » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi - I have finally decided to suscribe to the magazine as I have spent an increasingly frustrating morning trying and failing to get a copy. I cpud find no shop which stocked this magazine in the area in which I live - I have done a forty mile round trip going from clydebank to Alexandria then into Glasgow to thry and get a copy. WH Smith's in Glasgow did not have a clue and it was not listed on their stocklist - so they then phoned their suppliers Menzies who said it woul come in but did not know when[:@]
tricia

Postby Mark1973 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:50 pm

I managed to get the first 2 editions from my local W H Smith, seem to go very quickly though!

Have subscribed now though :)
Mark1973

Return to Magazine chat