Moderator Control Panel ]

March issue

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

March issue

Postby margaretabram » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 pm

I've received my March issue (no problems this time) and it looks really good. I am carefully skipping the pages on Zoe Wanamaker until I've seen the episode. So far this series my husband has fallen asleep during every one of the programmes and I'm hoping that this one will keep him awake! Just for the record, Rick Stein's programme sent him off to sleep faster than the others! I'm looking forward to a good read!
Mags
margaretabram

RE: March issue

Postby Nitram » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:53 am

As always, a great mixture of practical guidance, factual details and social background. Keep up the good work!

By the way, what happened to the article on "how to write your family history" that was promised back in November or December? I guess it was pushed out by the 1911 census.

Speaking of which, page 50/51 of March issue has census page for David Beckham's family. The explanation indicates that William and his father John Beckham both worked for "Bow Council". But this is a misreading of the handwriting which (to me) clearly says "Boro Council" - ie shorthand for Borough Council. Comparison with "r", "o" and "w" elsewhere on the page makes this clear.

The other obvious slip is to have read the 20 years of marriage as 30 years.
Nitram

Postby Editor » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:56 pm

The article on how to write your family history is in our April issue, on sale 24 March. I hope you enjoy it.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Jtyner » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 am

when will the march issue be a back issue? i didnt get a chance to go to shops for feb or march issue. where do i go to find the back issues?
john
Jtyner

Postby pre1837 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 am

Look in any of the [i]WDYTYA?[/i] mags and you will see details on how to get back issues as well as the Files to keep them in.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Editor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:26 pm

The number you need to call for back issues is 0844 844 0939. The April issues comes out next Tuesday so the March issue should be available then. The March issue should still be available in shops now though if you get a chance to pick a copy up.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:26 am

I saw copies of the March issue in our local supermarket yesterday so would guess that it should still be on sale somewhere close to you too.
ksouthall

Return to Magazine chat