Moderator Control Panel ]

Warning about February issue

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Warning about February issue

Postby Editor » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Just to warn those of you who don't like to know the story before the programme goes out, we had planned our February issue, with an interview with Rory Bremner, to come out after the series had started. The series was then moved the day after we went to press and there was nothing we could do about it! All I can say is, if you don't want to know what Rory discovers, you will have to skip a few pages of the magazine until the series comes out a week later. Sorry, there was nothing we could do.

Still, I think we will be the first magazine to cover the 1911 census so that should make up for it. Our office copies came in today, so subscribers should get theirs soon and it is in the shops on Tuesday 27 January.

All the best,

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

RE: Warning about February issue

Postby Dru » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Any ideas on when the new series is supposed to be on now?
Thanks
Researching: Johnson, Shaw, Burditt, Bodell, Thompson (Warwickshire), Hyett (Gloucestershire), Mottram, Lunt (Chesire), Dawson, James (unknown area)
Dru

Postby Editor » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:10 am

I have just had final confirmation from the BBC that the new series of Who Do You Think You Are? will start on 2 February with Rory Bremner. I should point out that this is a Monday whereas the series has always broadcast on a Wednesday in the past. Also, in our February issue which isn't on sale yet, we put 4 February down as the start date. I'm afraid that is what we thought it was going to be at the time and we weren't expecting it to change!

Sorry for all the chopping and changing. There will be stuff on our website about it soon.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Jtyner » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:40 pm

hi, i wont be able to see rory's episode, is there going to be a repeat date at all? i am going to be out every monday night for the next 7 weeks.
Jtyner

Postby ksouthall » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:06 am

My copy of the February issue arrived this morning and it looks very interesting. I quite like to read the stories before the programme is aired, so that I know what to look out for in the programme.
I also found, during the last series, that the BBC Who Do You Think You Are? website was updated before each programme was shown so I was able to find out what was happening in advance.
ksouthall

Postby Annie08 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:23 am

I'm glad it will be a Monday, Wednesday was never a good day as I was always out and had to record it and watch it very late in the evening as at work the next day they'd talk about it so Monday is good. Also at the moment Matthew Kelly's Forensic Casebook is on Wednesdays and it would have clashed - can't record two programs at once.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby Simon in Bucks » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:03 am

.............and there is a pic of me on Page 15 ! (you have been warned !! [8|])
Simon in Bucks

Postby Daniel Cossins » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:16 pm

If you miss an episode for any reason, you will be able to catch it on the brilliant BBC iPlayer, accessed through the BBC wesbite.

You can either 'stream it', which means it downloads as it's playing, or you can download it before watching, which gives you a better quality picture in full screen mode.

Either way, it means you can watch your favourite programme at your leisure.

Hope you enjoy the new series, however you watch.

Dan

Daniel Cossins
Site Admin

Postby margaretabram » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:16 pm

I haven't had my copy yet. Are other subscribers still waiting? It only has to come seven miles from the distribution address on the package!
Mags
margaretabram

Postby Dru » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:26 am

At least its all sorted out now! I have to record it as I'm a uni on a Monday night doing a local history course! Still, really looking forward to it and also going to WDYTYA live in a couple of weeks too!
Researching: Johnson, Shaw, Burditt, Bodell, Thompson (Warwickshire), Hyett (Gloucestershire), Mottram, Lunt (Chesire), Dawson, James (unknown area)
Dru

Next

Return to Magazine chat