Moderator Control Panel ]

Warning about February issue

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

RE: Warning about February issue

Postby Editor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:56 pm

We had much discussion about the street name in Shrewsbury and we felt that, as our readers were interested in history, it showed a surprising medieval frankness that we have now lost. I probably ought to also warn you that there is a bare breast in our March issue on page 71. When we ordered the image it had a watermark over the 'offending' article and we didn't realise quite how bare the breast was until we had bought the image and the watermark came off! I hope nobody is too shocked by it - I don't want newsagents moving the magazine up to the top shelf.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Simon in Bucks » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:46 pm

It was very good to meet and speak with you on Saturday morning Sarah - thanks for the chat.

The comments for the street name is good - that makes it much clearer. Certainly it didn't really bother me, but maybe others - your comments clear that matter up.

As for the bare breast, well I get a subscription copy, so no problems if they do get put on the top shelf.
Simon in Bucks

Postby pre1837 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: Editor

We had much discussion about the street name in Shrewsbury and we felt that, as our readers were interested in history, it showed a surprising medieval frankness that we have now lost. I probably ought to also warn you that there is a bare breast in our March issue on page 71. When we ordered the image it had a watermark over the 'offending' article and we didn't realise quite how bare the breast was until we had bought the image and the watermark came off! I hope nobody is too shocked by it - I don't want newsagents moving the magazine up to the top shelf.

Sarah
[/quote]

Surely there should be two in a pair?
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Editor » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:56 pm

No, no, just the one!
Editor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Magazine chat