Moderator Control Panel ]

MABEL DAWSON MILLER

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

RE: MABEL DAWSON MILLER

Postby *Steph* » Tue May 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Wow, thank you! I actually found a book over the weekend 'A pioneer family' by Mr Anderson!!! I have been searching for it for about three years! Mabel would have been my great-grandma. I have her twin 'Maud' in the book, but i see you have her as Jessie! I am on ancestry site, so that will soon be changed.. yes we found the details of her working as a nurse in Egypt where James worked on the Railways. We believe with her step sister Elisabeth, Matthew was widowed before meeting Elisabeth Anderson. I tried to go onto your contact details with the info you left, but had no luck at present. Many Thanks and hope to be in touch again soon

Stephanie Hobbs
Steph**
*Steph*

Postby ksouthall » Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 am

Steph,
I'm glad you have traced Mabel Dawson Miller. It sounds like she led an exciting life and you don't often hear of people moving from New Zealand back to England at that time which makes her story much more interesting.
ksouthall
Last edited by ksouthall on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksouthall

Postby *Steph* » Wed May 27, 2009 3:46 am

Hi ksouthall

Thank you for your email, it IS interesting. I'm not really sure of why they didnt continue life in NZ and came to London then Bath?!

It has been A LONG journey trying to find my book and anything about this lady, hopefully it will change now.

Have gone very far back on one part of my tree, just nice to find out about the people and not just a name.

Many Thanks
Steph Hobbs
Steph**
*Steph*

Previous

Return to General research queries