Moderator Control Panel ]

14th Regiment of Foot - Waterloo Medal Roll

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

14th Regiment of Foot - Waterloo Medal Roll

Postby ksouthall » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:30 am

In tracing an ancestor who fought at the Battle of Waterloo, I have downloaded details of the medal roll for the 3rd Battalian of the 14th Regiment of Foot. If you believe your ancestor was part of the 3rd Battalion of the 14th Regiment of Foot and would like to know if he received a Waterloo Medal, please let me know his details and I can check the roll for you.

The 1st and 2nd Battalions of the 14th Regiment of Foot did not take part in the Battle of Waterloo so do not appear in the Waterloo Medal Roll. Members of both battalions may have served at Waterloo if replacing injured soldiers, but this is very unlikely as the 3rd Battalion suffered very few casualties (7 killed and 29 wounded, according to Issue 21 of the WDYTYA? magazine - May 2009.)

I also have details of the "Officers, Non-commissioned Officers and Privates of the Royal Horse and Foot Artillery" and a partial list of the "30th Battalion of the 23rd Regiment of Foot" who also received the Waterloo Medal, so can also look up these as well.
ksouthall

Re: 14th Regiment of Foot - Waterloo Medal Roll

Postby dave harvey » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:46 am

Hi, I had an ancestor in the 3rd battalion at waterloo. Ellis Harvey of Gt Marlow, He went on to fight at the battle of Bhurtpoor in 1826, got injured and was pensioned off back to Gt Marlow. I have been to the museum in York. very interesting, have you?

best regards

Dave
dave harvey

Postby ksouthall » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:44 pm

Hello Dave,

No I haven't been to the museum. It sounds interesting though. Were there any particular highlights?

Katherine
ksouthall

Postby mattlucas » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:19 am

yes my Great Great Aunt's Great Grandad was at Waterloo Charles Dewick in the 3rd 14th foot
matthew
mattlucas

Postby mskimedwards » Thu May 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi,

I am a History teacher and as part of the Waterloo 200 project a group of students from my school are researching Private Robert Hill of the 3rd Battalion, 14th. If you have any details on him would you be able to let me know as your work will go into an e-book on soldiers from Waterloo.

Many thanks,

Kim
mskimedwards

Postby ksouthall » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:34 pm

mskimedwards wrote:Hi,
I am a History teacher and as part of the Waterloo 200 project a group of students from my school are researching Private Robert Hill of the 3rd Battalion, 14th. If you have any details on him would you be able to let me know as your work will go into an e-book on soldiers from Waterloo.
Many thanks,
Kim

Sorry for the delay in replying. What details do you have for Private Robert Hill? Also, did you go to the service at St Paul's today?
ksouthall

Return to Military help