Moderator Control Panel ]

Searching a topic on this site

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Searching a topic on this site

Postby pentre » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:43 am

This may be me being stupid - not the first time - but I can't find any way of searching for a particular topic on this site. I finally found an episode of Coming Home on the BBC ipod (I think that's what it's called) and remember there being a discussion about the programme on one of these forums and I wanted to add my comments about it now I've seen an episode.

Trouble is, I don't know where I read it. I'm looking for a way of searching for Coming Home, but can't find it. This problem will become worse once more people use the site and we get more messages to trawl through.

There probably is a way of doing it - can someone tell me what it is?
Thanks
pentre
pentre

RE: Searching a topic on this site

Postby Editor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi pentre, these things are never as clear as they probably should be. Sorry.

To search all the forums, you need to make sure you are in 'All forums'. You can get to this by selecting 'All Forums' in the 'Jump to' box at the bottom or just select 'All Forums' near the top (next to 'Post Reply).

Once you are in 'All Forums', click on 'Search' at the very top of the page. It's a rather unassuming 'button' and easily missed. That then lets you search in a number of ways for anything.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Magazine chat