Moderator Control Panel ]

Bertram Dwight

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Bertram Dwight

Postby tigra » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:53 pm

[b]I am looking for Bertram Charles Dwight b. 1861 in Camberwell, Surrey, son of Henry Thomas Dwight and Ann - I was wondering what happen to him after 1891. Where and when did he live and died?[/b]
[b][/b]
[b]I have found him on census records from 1861 to 1891. (He was 3 in Lambeth in 1861, 10 in St John in 1871, 20 in Camberwell in 1881 and 30 in Lambeth in 1891. I couldn't find him on 1901. [/b]
[b][/b]
[b]I looked for his death from 1891 to 1947. I used Ancestry for US, Canada and UK for any info on him. I also googled the name and came out blank. [/b]
[b][/b]
[b]I was wondering please if you can help me & have a better luck than me?[/b]
tigra

RE: Bertram Dwight

Postby mrsaverage40s » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:26 am

The only thing I can think to help is that he may have gone by Charles, his middle name, as a lot of my ancestors did (just to confuse me!!).
If he is not listed with the rest of the family in 1901 (have you located them?), then there is a strong possibility that he did not like his given name and chose to use another. There is a Charles Dwight born 1861 in the New York census, a clerk, but he states that his parents were born Pennsylvania as was he. I would still start looking under the name Charles Dwight, or follow all his siblings etc through the censuses in the case that he stays with them at some point.
mrsaverage40s

Return to General research queries