Moderator Control Panel ]

Maidstone Corporation Trolleybus No 72

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Maidstone Corporation Trolleybus No 72

Postby Annie08 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:30 am

Thought I'd share a recent 'event' in my family history research. I popped into Maidstone Information Centre one lunchtime a few weeks ago and bought a pack of Christmas Cards depicting a Christmas scene involving Maidstone Corporation Trolleybus No. 72. I didn't think too much of it, just pleased I'd contributed to the fund and I liked the picture. Then last week while doing some research on an ancestor I discovered he worked on these buses, I had no idea and the time of buying the cards, I didn't even know this particular ancestor existed. Brilliant, and a great surprise. As well as writing 'to' and 'from' and all the usual in my cards this year I'll now have something extra to write and I shall enjoy finding out more in the New Year.

Annie08
Annie08

RE: Maidstone Corporation Trolleybus No 72

Postby margaretabram » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:16 am

I love your story! It seems strange that we are drawn to things from our past. My husband always loved the spire of the Parish Church in Faversham and we recently found out that his 4X great grandfather had built it, and the Guildhall, another building he admired. He had absolutely no idea he had a connection until I found this out a couple of years ago.

Perhaps Maidstone should bring back the trolleybuses. It's a nightmare place to drive!

Mags
margaretabram

RE: Maidstone Corporation Trolleybus No 72

Postby Annie08 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:00 am

Thanks for your response, I do love these stories - and yes, Maidstone is a nightmare to drive!

Family legend says that someone on that side of the family worked on the frontage of Sessions House, Maidstone, all those years ago. I cannot prove or disprove this. He was a plasterer. Strange as my boss has his office there - could my ancestor have done the plasterwork on the walls of my boss's office? What a thought.

Our ancestors certainly 'design' our lives!

Annie08
Annie08

Return to General research queries