Moderator Control Panel ]

Another uniform!

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Another uniform!

Postby Crafters Corner » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:33 am

This is a picture of my friend's ancestors. Anyone know what the uniforms are? We think the man is in a St. John's Ambulance uniform, but have no idea about the lady's. They were in Canada.
Over to you knowledgeable lot...........

[image]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/crafterscorner16/uniform.jpg[/image]

Cheers,
Sue
Crafters Corner

RE: Another uniform!

Postby paulberyl » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:56 am

Hi,

In the absence of any other reply have you thought about sending a copy of the photograph to the St Johns Ambulance in Canada. The address of their national office is:[align=left]Suite 400, 1900 City Park Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1J 1A3.[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]With the name of the individual they may be able to provide additional information.[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]Paul [/align]
paulberyl

Postby Crafters Corner » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:56 am

Hi,
Yes, I have done that, and they let us know a bit about the man's uniform, but we are still curious about the lady's.
Thanks for the info. however.

Cheers,
Sue
Crafters Corner

Postby karen » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:50 am

Hello!

Don't know if this helps - I spent years in St. John Ambulance (it's St.John Ambulance not St. John's Ambulance by the way!). The man is obviously a St.John man, the lady looks to me like she could be too. I put a search on Google 'St John serving sister uniform' - the 5th item on Google reads St. John Ambulance Female Uniform - The earliest Brigade nursing .... click on that - the sketch looks very similar to your photo - web address is sja/pdf/uniform_female.pdf

What do you think?

Karen
karen

Postby Crafters Corner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:43 am

Thanks for that Karen, I think you are right. I will pass this on to my friend, she will be thrilled.

Thanks again
Sue
Crafters Corner

Return to Photo identification