Moderator Control Panel ]

Trying to find Lines & Francis Family

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Trying to find Lines & Francis Family

Postby AlisonTucker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:53 am

Hello there

My story is a bit of a complex one as the details I have are limited.

My late Father is Leonard Hugh Lines, he was born is Ilford, Essex on 17/11/1935. His Parents were Leonard Gerald Lines and Amelia Elizabeth Francis. Leonard was born C. 1903 and died in March 1935 in West Ham. So he died before my father was born.

His mother Amelia was born in East Ham on 28/08/1901, he parents are listed as Henry Francis and Elizabeth Ann Smith. I have been able to find basic details of them in the 1901 cencus. But can not trace back any further than this.

On the marriage certificate of my Grandparents (Amelia & Leonard) there was no information listed on my Grandfathers Parents and I can not seem to find his birth certificate on the records anywhere, so my information on the Lines family has run completely cold.

Basically, my father was placed in the care of the Barnardo Homes as an infant and he emigrated to Australia at the Tender age of 14 with the Barnardos Child Migration scheme. Sadly he died knowing nothing of his family.

I have found that my father had an older brother named Peter R Lines who was born in 1927, who I believe could have possibly been in the Navy.

I am desperatley trying to find any living relatives of my fathers, and to learn whatever I can about the family history, and I would certainly love to hear from anyone who has any information.

Many thanks for your time.

Alison Tucker (Nee. Lines)

AlisonTucker

RE: Trying to find Lines & Francis Family

Postby mrsaverage40s » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:43 am

Hello there Alison,
Have you contacted Barnardo's ? For someone in my family they had quite a bit of information-and photos-so they would certainly be the first place I would try.
Good luck and I hope you are successful in your search.
mrsaverage40s

Postby AlisonTucker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:43 am

Hi mrsaverage40s

Thankyou for the reply, I really appreciate it.

I have been in contact with the Barnardo's they obtained a copy of my fathers birth certificate which got the ball rolling in regards to my other searches.

I really appreciate the thought, I might try them again as it has been a few years since I have contacted them and you never know your luck.

Best Wishes

Alison

AlisonTucker

Postby ksouthall » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Hello,
I have only just read your post however I am related to a Peter Lines, born in 1945 in Hertfordshire. I don't know if he has any connection to your family though.
If your family have any connection with Hertfordshire, please let me know and I will contact my relative.
Katherine
ksouthall

Return to General research queries