Moderator Control Panel ]

Forum Pages Info.

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Forum Pages Info.

Postby pre1837 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:46 pm

On the left hand side, I see that we have been given 'ranks' such as '[i]Junior[/i]', '[i]Senior[/i]' etc..How are these arrived at for the number of posts?...and what does '[i]Score'[/i] indicate?

Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

RE: Forum Pages Info.

Postby Baggybooks » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:03 am

That's interesting. If you look at some members who have posted over a long period of time, they don't show score.
Helen - searching for Abbotts and Monks - East London - 1850's onwards!

Also Lingards - where are you all?
Baggybooks

Postby pre1837 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:43 pm

ADMIN, Still waiting for the answer to 'What does 'Score' mean, don't you know either? It's not on all the Member's info.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

pre1837

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Hello all,

Sorry for the confusion here.

Basically, the 'rank' relates to the number and frequency of posts from each forum member. So the more messages you post the higher your rank.

The 'score', on the other hand, is a measure of how useful other foum users found a particular comment or piece of advice. At the bottom of each post users can click 'rate post' and record how useful they considered it to be. This data is then compiled into a 'score' for each forum member.

This is scarcely used at the moment but it would be great if people began to rate the advice and assistance they recieve.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Daniel
If you have any technical difficulties, email EdwardHerbert@magazine-services.co.uk
Admin

Postby Baggybooks » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Thank you.
Helen - searching for Abbotts and Monks - East London - 1850's onwards!

Also Lingards - where are you all?
Baggybooks

Postby pre1837 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:46 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: Admin

Hello all,

Sorry for the confusion here.

Basically, the 'rank' relates to the number and frequency of posts from each forum member. So the more messages you post the higher your rank.

The 'score', on the other hand, is a measure of how useful other foum users found a particular comment or piece of advice. At the bottom of each post users can click 'rate post' and record how useful they considered it to be. This data is then compiled into a 'score' for each forum member.

This is scarcely used at the moment but it would be great if people began to rate the advice and assistance they recieve.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Daniel
[/quote] Thanks; now that we know, we can use it. I seewe can award minus points as well, so watch out!

pre1837

Return to Magazine chat