Moderator Control Panel ]

Gr Gr Grandad Thomas Foster Help please.

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Gr Gr Grandad Thomas Foster Help please.

Postby bella » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 am

Could someone help me to find out about my Gr Gr Grandads family. Gr Grandad ( John Holgate ),married for the second time at St James Church,Bethesda Street burnley, Lancs., in 1865 to Dinah Cook. On the copy of marriage cert., his father was Thomas Foster. Rank or profession of father. Mason. John Holgate was born at Sabden Lancs., around 1835 , his mother was Ann Holgate. John and his older brother Joseph were baptized in Dec 1835 at Wesleyan Chapel-Nc, Higham Booth Lancashire. Elizabeth Ann was born in 1838. On the 1841 census the family were living at High Barn Heyhouses ,Sabden. Betty Pilkington (mother of Ann) Ann, Joseph, John , Elizabeth Ann.
For whatever reason Ann was given her mothers maiden name (Holgate ) not Pilkington. As far as I can tell Ann Holgate was'nt married. On the 1851 census the family were living at Burnley,
Any help would be very much appreciated as the Foster name has been our brick wall for years , maybe we will never know who our Foster family were. Hazel.
bella

Return to General research queries