Moderator Control Panel ]

Important Announcement: This forum will close in June

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

Re: Important Announcement: This forum will close on 1 June

Postby woodchal » Tue May 19, 2020 11:44 am

Oh no - lost for words!
woodchal

Postby junkers » Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Rosemary Collins wrote:
Lucretia66 wrote:May I just ask if the magazine will continue to be published please? A lot of magazines are closing down just down, either temporarily or permanently, some citing the coronavirus as the cause or due to lack of interest. Thanks

Hi Lucretia,

The magazine will definitely continue to be published as normal! Fortunately we haven't been affected too badly by the coronavirus because large numbers of our readers are subscribers (and individual copies are also available to order online for those who can't get to the shops.) The magazine overall is doing well and we hope to continue delivering family history guides and features both in print and on our new website. It's just that unfortunately we had to save money by not transferring the forum.

Excellent news, Rosemary!.

Rosemary
junkers

Postby phsvm » Wed May 20, 2020 6:41 am

As some of you know a group of us are in discussions about setting up a new forum. It is unlikely to be up and running by the beginning of June so we are not going to be able to post anything here with a web address etc.

If you would like us to let you have the details once we are up and running PLEASE PM ME with your e-mail address so that we can keep in touch.
phsvm

Postby KayFarndon » Wed May 20, 2020 10:28 am

I have tried to send you a PM, but it just won't go. Would you mind sending me a PM please and see if I can reply to it.
Kay Farndon
KayFarndon

Postby phsvm » Wed May 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Kay - I've sent you a PM. I sent you another about 10 days ago - did you get that one?

Hilary
phsvm

Postby paulr1949 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Dear all

I have added two more pdf documents to the folder on google drive.
1. General research part 4 - takes the forum back to the start of June last year, so nthere is almost a year's worth of posts
2. New posts - posts in General, Military and Useful resources since I first created the documents

I hope some of you find it useful :)
Paul
paulr1949

Postby meekhcs » Fri May 22, 2020 3:47 pm

paulr1949 wrote:Dear all

I have added two more pdf documents to the folder on google drive.
1. General research part 4 - takes the forum back to the start of June last year, so nthere is almost a year's worth of posts
2. New posts - posts in General, Military and Useful resources since I first created the documents

I hope some of you find it useful :)

Thank you Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
meekhcs

Postby jimbo50 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:29 pm

https://bit.ly/WDYTYAForums

Thank you Paul.
That is a good way of storing it. The large files mean I'll have plenty to read (and maybe use) in the future when the forum's gone. Search works well too... Brilliant!.
Thank you to everyone for all your help, and take care. Jim.
p.s. Going to have a look at Rootschat soon.
jimbo50

Postby junkers » Sat May 23, 2020 6:41 pm

I am sorry to see the Forum close, but I understand the reasons why the decision has been taken. Can I thank everyone, including the staff at WDYTYA, for their help and knowledge which has made it a good forum to belong to. At least we can follow events through the Magazine. Hopefully it won't be long until we can come out of the coronavirus pandemic and we can participate in a 'normal' life and back in the archive offices.

Take care everyone.
junkers

Postby Editor » Mon May 25, 2020 8:51 pm

Hello, I have been asked by someone how they can find their posts. One way is to click on 'Members' in the top right-hand corner. This then takes you to a list of all the members. You then need to click on 'Username' at the top of that column to order it alphabetically. Next click on the letter for our username and then scroll down until you find it. You can then click on your name and see all of your posts.

Hope that helps,

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat