Moderator Control Panel ]

Charles Price Elveden

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Charles Price Elveden

Postby Jethro Tull » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Hello all,

I'm researching the above chap and have him living in Elveden in 1901 and 1911 working as "accountant on private estate". I am assuming it's the Elveden Estate. I also think I have him volunteering for the Red Cross during WW1 at Elveden Hall which was partly being used as a hospital.

In the newspaper collection on FMP there is a Charles Price at Elveden coming out in a search and mention of The General Election for 1931. I do not know any further details about this or even if it's my chap. I am wondering if anyone that has access to the newspaper collections could kindly do a look up for me as I do not have a subscription.

Many thanks

Dan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Jethro Tull

Re: Charles Price Elveden

Postby phsvm » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Bury Free Press, 24 October 1931

Keen Contest Proceeding in Sudbury Division
Full List of Nominators

He was one of the proposers from Elvenden signing the nomination papers for Capt F F A Heilgers of Wyken Hall who was re-elected unopposed as the MP for Bury St Edmunds.

It would appear that nomination papers were submitted from each ward or community within the constituency.

If he was an accountant then he would presumably be of suitable standing to sign a nomination paper. The report - which is lengthy - refer to people of all walks of life (one ward's nomination paper was signed wholely by farmers) supporting the nomination.
phsvm

Re: Charles Price Elveden

Postby Jethro Tull » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi phsvm,

Many thanks for looking that one up. Gives me a little more to be working with.

Much appreciated

Dan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Jethro Tull

Return to General research queries