Moderator Control Panel ]

Rebecca Cox

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Rebecca Cox

Postby KayFarndon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:13 am

Six years ago I posted about Rebecca Jesney born in 1802 at Gayton-le-Marsh, Lincolnshire. She left Lincolnshire and turned up in Hillingdon, Middlesex, where she married John Cox at The Providence Chapel, Uxbridge in 1843.

Rebecca was my 3x great aunt and I wondered whether anyone related to the Cox family had information on how she came to leave Lincolnshire, or on the lives of this couple? The informant of her death was her sister Ann, which leads me to think that Rebecca did not have any close family on the Cox side, as Ann would have travelled from Lincolnshire to be with her sister. John Cox had already died and had been a coach trimmer.
Any information on this couple would great please.
KayFarndon

Re: Rebecca Cox

Postby MoVidger » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Hi Kay, have you seen Rebecca's probate record on Ancestry? Her brother Edward is mentioned.

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1995
Name: Rebecca Cox
Death Date: 20 Sep 1866
Death Place: Middlesex, England
Probate Date: 16 Oct 1866
Probate Registry: Principal Registry

Question: Is John Cox a brick wall? What are the details on the 1843 marriage cert (e.g. addresses, occupation, his father's name and occupation).

Have you found Rebecca in the 1841 census? Is John residing at Public Rooms, London Street, Hillingdon with wife Mary, and a Rebeka (?) Smell (age 8)
Last edited by MoVidger on Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoVidger

Postby MoVidger » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:26 pm

According to the 1841 census, John Cox was not "born in county". So that could explain the lack of Cox relatives, in regards to Rebecca, after John’s death.
MoVidger

Postby KayFarndon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Thank you MoVidger for your replies, much appreciated. This was a spur of the moment thing for me today and I will investigate further your information.
KayFarndon

Postby tizzy4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:28 am

Taylor public family tree on ancestry all details. rebecca died in uxbridge middlesex as did John Cox, John was born at Marylebone, westminster parents Thomas cox and Jane.
tizzy4

Postby phsvm » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:39 pm

tizzy4 wrote:Taylor public family tree on ancestry all details. rebecca died in uxbridge middlesex as did John Cox, John was born at Marylebone, westminster parents Thomas cox and Jane.

But as the rules go when looking at public family trees - treat with caution and make sure you confirm these facts for yourself (but it does give you a lead :D )
phsvm

Return to General research queries