Moderator Control Panel ]

Manhatten Sports Club F C

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Manhatten Sports Club F C

Postby Sucher » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi

I am trying to 'repair' a photo that has been badly scribbled over and worn and it's coming along slowly. However, in the meantime, the title is not helping me find anything about this football team. Manhatten is wrongly spelt in the photo but maybe the club had the spelling right elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that the photo was taken in the East End of London or thereabouts.

My father is in the photo and I'd really like to find out more. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sucher
Attachments
manhatten fc.jpg
manhatten fc.jpg (412.96 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Sucher

Re: Manhatten Sports Club F C

Postby MoVidger » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Manhattan Sports Club is one of the Zone 2 table tennis teams mentioned in a Round 1 Wilmott Cup Competition. See page 20 of the link below for details:

https://tabletennisengland.co.uk/etta_w ... ssue63.pdf

Obviously the link is for English table tennis, but the newsletter does reference a "Manhattan Sports Club".
MoVidger

Postby Sucher » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Thank you Mo, I must get cleverer with my Google searches. I’m not sure that this quest will go anywhere but at least I have the photo which has recently come into my possession.

Sucher
Sucher

Postby MoVidger » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:00 pm

Does the photo have any notes on the back? Also, have you tried searching for your father's name for any newspaper mentions, circa 1934?
MoVidger

Postby Sucher » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 am

I don't have the original Mo, a digital copy was sent by a cousin in the States so I'll ask if there is any notation on the rear. Apparently this and others are too frail for transit.

I don't have access to newspaper archives and I'm not confident that registering would throw up any results. As always Mo, your suggestions are always helpful.

Sucher
Sucher

Return to General research queries