Moderator Control Panel ]

Largest Loss of Life in the London Fire Brigade

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Largest Loss of Life in the London Fire Brigade

Postby chids » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:39 pm

This is one of the saddest and most tragic stories I have written about and what is still today, the Largest ever loss of life for the London Fire Brigade at one incident. This involves my Great Aunt, but it’s also one of the research projects that I am probably most satisfied with.

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com/2020/03 ... ng-part-2/
chids

Re: Largest Loss of Life in the London Fire Brigade

Postby meekhcs » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi

I have just spent an enjoyable hour reading through your blog, one or two posts resonated with me and I was interested to read your thoughts.

I also found your organising your Family History blog excellent. Since an illness four years ago,when everything went into freefall, I have struggled to regain control. I shall be emailing you for your worksheets!

Recommended reading to fellow Forum members.

Many thanks Sally
meekhcs

Postby chids » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:47 pm

Thank you Sally for your kind words its much appreciated. I am really pleased that you found my story interesting and the blogs of use.
chids

Postby Norfolk Nan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Thank you for sharing that sad and tragic story, Chidds. My family are Londoners and I missed the opportunity to ask them about their experiences. Articles like yours and history programmes on TV come as a shock when they remind us of the horrors of war away from the front line.
Norfolk Nan

Postby chids » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:59 am

Thanks Norfolk Nan I am glad that you enjoyed my story
chids

Return to Genealogy chat