Moderator Control Panel ]

Hunter Brick Wall

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Hunter Brick Wall

Postby kelly85 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Still having problems with the Hunter family children.
What I know for definite....
Arthur Hunter b1859 Brampton had 3 children with Annie Hunsley. I don’t think Arthur & Annie married but Annie went by Annie Hunter. Their first born son Arthur Edward b 1878 Hackney died at a few weeks old but his birth certificate shows Annie going by Hunter.
What I am struggling with is locating any information on their third child Alice H Hunter b1883 Hackney, the only record I can find is the 1891 census where the Hunter family is in Nottingham. Why can I not find a birth record?

Any help would be appreciated

Kelly
kelly85

Re: Hunter Brick Wall

Postby Mick Loney » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:38 pm

Kelly,
It is not unusual, my own grandfather wasn’t registered either. He was born in Limehouse around the same period.
I think it was parents responsibility to register, but if they didn’t...?
Mick Loney

Postby kelly85 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 pm

The other two children were both registered so I guess I was presuming their third child would of been too?
kelly85

Postby Will Mundy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:07 pm

kelly85 wrote:The other two children were both registered so I guess I was presuming their third child would of been too?

It can be worth doing a wildcard search sometimes, I have also found with my own ancestors they recorded a child under the mothers maiden name. Also it maybe worth contacting the local Registry office in some cases the birth never made it beyond there . The only other option is as mentioned that for some reason the birth wasn’t recorded but they would have faced a fine if they hadn’t.

Will

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Will Mundy

Return to General research queries