Moderator Control Panel ]

Former Chapel now Private House

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Former Chapel now Private House

Postby phsvm » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Brill Hill - positively the far reaches of Oxfordshire.

I'm in Chilton so not so far from you Artognou! One of my closest friends lives in Letcombe - there's a good pub there too!
phsvm

Postby meekhcs » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:00 pm

Technically Bucks! The boundary really meanders between Bucks/Oxford in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
meekhcs

Postby Artognou » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:47 pm

Brill Hill is absolutely stunning, I was researching a friend's family and found out that they were living in Brill slightly over 100 years ago!
Strangely enough, I would bus through Chilton every morning up until recently when I changed jobs!
Artognou

Postby Will Mundy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:36 pm

phsvm wrote:Will - you're local aren't you? Why not pop over to Christmas Common and have a look. Peer over the fence or knock on the door. The worst that can happen is that the residents tell you to go away. You never know they may be interested to hear about the individuals whose headstones they have in their garden.

If nothing else there's a good pub there, a great area for a walk and amazing views of the Red Kites soaring over the Chilterns :lol:
yeah I’m based in Abingdon so not too far, most of my ancestors were from Oxfordshire and the surrounding counties so have always remained fairly local. I’ll go over when it’s nicer weather and yes there are quite a few good pubs out that way, on my Mums side my ancestors where heavily from Watlington so know the area quite well!

Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Will Mundy

Postby phsvm » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Will - you haven't come up with any CLINKARDS in your tree have you? They were around that area.
phsvm

Previous

Return to General research queries