Moderator Control Panel ]

Scanners and operating systems

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Scanners and operating systems

Postby Editor » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Hello, have any of our forum users had problems with new operating systems not recognising their old scanners? We're thinking of running a feature on ways to fix this but I would like to know if it is a big problem or not!

Thanks,

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Re: Scanners and operating systems

Postby AdrianB38 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:47 pm

If we say No, will that tempt fate?

To state what might be obvious, it'll all depend on how old the scanner is and how big the jump in operating systems is. Windows XP to Windows 10 might be a bigger problem than 7 to 10. I haven't had a problem with my 10y old scanner - yet - oh tempter of fate! - what has happened is that some of the bloatware that came with the scanner doesn't work - fortunately, it wasn't stuff that I depended on.

Depending on how big the article that you want to do might be, you might also consider other software no longer working when you upgrade - PAF won't work forever, for instance!

Sent from my Moto G6 Play using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Return to Magazine chat