Moderator Control Panel ]

Happy New Year!

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Happy New Year!

Postby midshipman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:15 pm

Wishing everyone a successful New Year.
Thank you for all the help given over the years. Especially remembering Sylcec.

Sent from my D2303 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
midshipman

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby Norfolk Nan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:23 pm

And to you, Midshipman. May all your brickwalls come tumbling down in 2020! :lol:
Norfolk Nan

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby JaneyH » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:02 am

Happy New Year to everyone on here - I wish you all some good genealogical break-throughs a in 2020.

Strangely enough I was thinking about Sylvia only the other day. Her knowledge was the key to discovering a mass of detail about my 5x great-grandmother who was transported to Australia as a convict. Then there was Jean (on a different site) who had access to some National Trust archives and filled in the story of this ancestor’s crimes.

Back on here, I’m indebted to ianbee for his assistance with my great-grandfather’s partner Florence. I’ve now filled out this story considerably and have even made contact with one of her descendants.

Over the last year I’ve started to write as well as research, and I’m planning to launch a blog in the spring to tell some of these stories properly. I’ll keep you all posted with developments.

Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
JaneyH

Return to General research queries