Moderator Control Panel ]

Help finding my 5th great grandparents (Mackender of Suffolk

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Help finding my 5th great grandparents (Mackender of Suffolk

Postby pforkes » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:22 pm

Hannah Mackender was born about 1772 in the Suffolk, England region. Hannah Mackender is my 4th great grandmother.

I am looking for help in fitting the final pieces to determine how an AncestryDNA relative is related to me.

Relative A.
Through AncestryDNA I have a relative with whom I share 26cM DNA across two segments, who is suggested to be a 4th to 6th cousin. I will refer to this relative as “Relative A”.
Relative A’s great grandfather is Thomas Mackender who was born about 1811 in West Row, Suffolk, England.

Relative B.
Relative A and I share a common relative who I have established as being my 4th cousin once removed and with who I share 15cM DNA across one segment. This relationship helps me to foster the belief that Relative A is related to me through Hannah Mackender.

I am guessing that Hannah Mackender (born about1772) is the aunt of Thomas Mackender (born about 1811). The first step in establishing this relationship would be to find the parents of Hannah Mackender who would be my fifth great grandparents. The would have probably been born/lived in the West Row/Lakenheath/Mildenhall area of Suffolk in the earlier half of the 1700s.
pforkes

Return to General research queries