Moderator Control Panel ]

Missing Oxfordshire baptism

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Missing Oxfordshire baptism

Postby Will Mundy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:52 pm

Hello,
I’m researching my 5th great grandmother Elizabeth Stone born abt 1782 and died in 1860 in Aston and Cote, Oxfordshire. She says in the 1841 census she was born in Oxfordshire in about 1791, in the 1851 census she’s says she was born in about 1786 in Bampton, Oxfordshire only a few miles from Aston and Cote. She married Thomas Fox on the 12th Jan 1807 in Shifford, Oxfordshire near Bampton. Thomas and Elizabeth had eight children between 1807 and 1830. When Elizabeth died in 1860 she was said to have been born about 1782. I can’t find any baptism record for her in the right time period in Bampton, there are however two Stone families in the Bampton area a Thomas and Jane having children in the right time period and perhaps the most likely, also a Robert and Jane having children a little bit later in the 1780’s there was also another Robert Stone in the 1770’s having children. Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Will Mundy

Re: Missing Oxfordshire baptism

Postby maxine tallon » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:32 am

have you tried contacting Oxfordshire family history for a small fee they will do a search of their records for you, just give them all the information you have.

maxine
maxine tallon

Return to General research queries