Moderator Control Panel ]

Rootsmagic descendant list

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Rootsmagic descendant list

Postby helena » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:23 pm

I am thinking of changing to Rootsmagic 7 and have downloaded RM Essentials to have a play with. I just have one query I hope someone can answer.

As my family tree is so large (over 17000 people), I print it using 'Outline descendants chart' or similar printing birth, baptism, marriage, death, burial, occupation and notes (census, newspaper reports, manorial records etc). It looks like the descendant list would fulfill this task but from RM essentials I can only print birth, marriage and death. Is there a way of printing all the above in a descendants list?
helena

Re: Rootsmagic descendant list

Postby Mellie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm not sure if you can put all that detail in on a RM chart, have you tried asking on the RM Forum which can be found in the Message Board under the Internet Button on the programme.
Mellie

Postby helena » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:29 pm

The RM message boards have been discontinued according to the web site. I have tried to join the RM mailing list on Rootsweb but haven't been successful

oops just opened the programme and I see what you mean! Will try there thanks
helena

Postby helena » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:34 pm

The board is active but not accepting new subscribers!!!!!
helena

Postby Mellie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi Helena, Sorry I haven't caught up with this before but I've been away from my laptop for a couple of days.

That doesn't sound right to me, I'll ask on the forum and hopefully someone will get back to me.
Mellie

Postby Mellie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:10 pm

Just had a thought, are you trying to join the UK Forum which has been inactive for some time? You need the main board at 'forums.rootsmagic.com'.
Mellie

Postby helena » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:20 pm

YEs I did join the rootsweb forum and received a few replies. I will take the plunge and purchase it for Christmas!
helena

Postby Mellie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:10 am

Glad that we got that sorted and hope that the replies are useful.
Mellie

Return to Genealogy chat