Moderator Control Panel ]

ORR's from Armagh

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

ORR's from Armagh

Postby popsit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:18 pm

HELLO,
I am at my wits end and have spent literally years off and on trying to find parents to a William Orr who came to New Zealand in the 1800's.Here I am trying again.
I have been lucky in that I have a copy of a marriage for the above William solemnized in the parish church in the parish of Mullabrack in the county of Armagh in 1853.
Date: 21st April 1853
William Orr aged 37, batchelor, farmer residing in Ballygroobany whoes father was also William and also a farmer. William married a Mary (possibly ann) Toal aged 21, spinster, no profession, residing in Ballyloughan district of Richhill, whoes father was Alex Toal a labourer. This marriage was by licence.

This couple had four children:
Mary Ann b. 1854
John william b. 1858
Thomas b. 1861
All born in Mullabrack. The fourth child was born here in New Zealand and died a year later.

William's mother was Mary Quinn/quinn. I have a William Orr marrying a Mary Quin (not a cert, church record) in 1810 in Mullabrack Armagh. Answers I am looking for:

Is it possible to get info of births of the children above.
How can I find out if William (who married Mary Toal) had any siblings. He says he was 37 at his marriage making him born around 1816.

Where do I look for info that will tell me that the Mary Quin married to William Orr in 1810 were the parents of the William who married Mary Toal in 1853.

I hope I am not sounding greedy with all my questions however just one question answered or helped with would be a bonus.
popsit

Re: ORR's from Armagh

Postby MaureenE » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:58 am

There is a FIBIS Fibiwiki page Ireland which lists sources for Irish records. Perhaps there may be a source there which may assist
https://wiki.fibis.org/w/Ireland

Cheers
Maureen
MaureenE

Postby popsit » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:32 am

Thank you Maureen for taking the time to answer my query it is much appreciated. I will take a good look at it tomorrow as it is midnight here

Popsit
popsit

Postby tizzy4 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:50 pm

tizzy4

Postby popsit » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:56 pm

Thank you Tizzy4. Apologies for not replying sooner but have been away.
popsit

Return to General research queries