Moderator Control Panel ]

Glendenning clendinning limavardi Ireland

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Glendenning clendinning limavardi Ireland

Postby Marie381 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi all can you please help I want to trace my Irish root but all I know on the Ireland side is my grt grt grandmother was Mary Jane clendenning born 1832 ant....father William Glendenning shoe maker there was also a brother William in 1851 Mary Jane married George Jackson in limavardi tamlaghtflagan they had a baby boy William in 1852 ........that’s all I know on Irish side but I do have everything on uk side as in 1856 Liverpool my grt grandmother was born Catherine Jackson I do have all uk details it’s the Ireland ones I can’t get please can any one help
Marie381

Re: Glendenning clendinning limavardi Ireland

Postby sdup26 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Generally, Ancestry trees should be treated with caution, but having said that, you may want to contact the owner of the tree that has Mary Jane Glendenning b1832; she married George Jackson in Limavady, Londonderry in 1851, at the Tamlaght Finlagen Church of Ireland, witnesses William Glendenning (father?) and Samuel McLelland. Mary Jane and George moved to England and the 1861 census shows them living in Knaresborough, England, with 3 children, the eldest (William) born in Ireland.
sdup26

Postby MayHam » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 am

RootsIreland mentions both Mary Jane's marriage & William Jackson's baptism courtesy of "Derry Genealogy." You can ask them questions here: https://www.rootsireland.ie/derry-genealogy/
MayHam

Postby Marie381 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:36 am

sdup26 wrote:Generally, Ancestry trees should be treated with caution, but having said that, you may want to contact the owner of the tree that has Mary Jane Glendenning b1832; she married George Jackson in Limavady, Londonderry in 1851, at the Tamlaght Finlagen Church of Ireland, witnesses William Glendenning (father?) and Samuel McLelland. Mary Jane and George moved to England and the 1861 census shows them living in Knaresborough, England, with 3 children, the eldest (William) born in Ireland.

Sent from my iPad using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Marie381

Postby Marie381 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:46 am

MayHam wrote:RootsIreland mentions both Mary Jane's marriage & William Jackson's baptism courtesy of "Derry Genealogy." You can ask them questions here: https://www.rootsireland.ie/derry-genealogy/

The ancestry tree is mine

Sent from my iPad using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Marie381

Return to General research queries