Moderator Control Panel ]

THORN 'Troup'

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

THORN 'Troup'

Postby FreeGEN » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi Everyone

This is a really long shot but I'm hoping someone will be able to help with the identification of children/young adults in the attached photo.

What I know of the origins are as follows:

1. My Grandmother (Gwendoline in the photo) told me long ago that her mother (my paternal great grandmother) Alice Phillips Ford THORN used to put on shows for the local residents where they lived in Southampton

2. The cast was made up entirely from her family members (which may or may have included her grandchildren).

As you will see from the photo there are two, possibly three relatives that I have managed to identify so far but I would love to be able to identify more of them and possibly find out more about the 'Troup' as all of my relatives who may have been able to shed any light on it are long since departed.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions anyone is able to give, even some idea of when the photo may have been taken would be a starting point.

I look forward to your replies

[image]local://822/F049B85DBCC34AC3A77E4F55F16E9357.jpg[/image]
FreeGEN

RE: THORN 'Troup'

Postby mrsaverage40s » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:36 am

Hello there,
Have you thought of putting a request in the local Southampton newspaper ? Local newspapers are often asking readers to identify photos and people in them, and they usually seem to get a good response.
mrsaverage40s

Re: THORN 'Troup'

Postby gamac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:38 am

Hi,
I have some photo's of this Family and might be able to match some up.
How do I get a look at the photo you posted.
My interest is the BUXEY Family from Southampton.
gamac

Return to Photo identification