Moderator Control Panel ]

Woburn PR look-up anyone?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Woburn PR look-up anyone?

Postby Norfolk Nan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:28 pm

It's a bit of a long-shot but can I ask if anyone has access to the Woburn PRs please? I've a transcript which is excellent but I need eyes on the original, albeit it microfilm, please.

The transcript from the Archives is separated into baptisms, burials and marriages but I would like to check events for 26 October 1789 as recorded in the original. There should be at least one marriage and two baptisms and I'd like to check the wording.

Thank you.
Norfolk Nan

Re: Woburn PR look-up anyone?

Postby meekhcs » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:54 pm

Norfolk Nan wrote:It's a bit of a long-shot but can I ask if anyone has access to the Woburn PRs please? I've a transcript which is excellent but I need eyes on the original, albeit it microfilm, please.

The transcript from the Archives is separated into baptisms, burials and marriages but I would like to check events for 26 October 1789 as recorded in the original. There should be at least one marriage and two baptisms and I'd like to check the wording.

Thank you.

And the name?

Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
meekhcs

Postby Norfolk Nan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Well, according to the transcript there should be a marriage for Hannah Edmunds and Henry Binyon and baptisms for Mary and George Edmunds but I’d like to know what is actually written.

Thank you.
Norfolk Nan

Postby meekhcs » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:20 am

Bedfordshire Records Office offer research and charge £9 for a 15 min slot which given you have a precise date and place should be enough.
Try emailing them. They only open part time. There website is very comprehensive I just googled Bedfordshire Records Office.
If all else fails on here it maybe the way to go.
Family search has images for Quaker BMDs but nothing came up in the main search and they do say their records for Bedfordshire are incomplete.
Sorry I cannot be of more help.

meekhcs

Postby Norfolk Nan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks for taking the time :)
Norfolk Nan

Postby Norfolk Nan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 am

Just for information - I contacted Beds Archives and they don't offer family history research any more but the archivist was very kind and helpful and double-checked (and confirmed) the one fact that I wanted help with and without charge. :D
Norfolk Nan

Postby meekhcs » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:33 am

Norfolk Nan wrote:Just for information - I contacted Beds Archives and they don't offer family history research any more but the archivist was very kind and helpful and double-checked (and confirmed) the one fact that I wanted help with and without charge. :D

Brilliant!

meekhcs

Return to General research queries