Moderator Control Panel ]

Possible Date of Photo?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Possible Date of Photo?

Postby Lusby84 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:22 pm

Hello,
I am trying to determine the gentleman in this picture.
I was told it was the father of my 3 x great grandfather Thomas and that his name was Abraham.
However since being told this I have proved the father of my 3 x great grandfather Thomas was actually called John, but Thomas did have a brother called Abraham.
So what I am trying to decide is if this is a picture of father John or brother Abraham?

More Info:
Father - John Lusby 1790 - 1859
Brother - Abraham Lusby 1826 - 1904

Any help appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
Abraham.jpg
Abraham.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 205 times
Lusby84

Re: Possible Date of Photo?

Postby MoVidger » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Is there a photographer's studio named on the back of the photo? I'd say the photo dates from circa 1850, which would make the subject John Lusby.
MoVidger

Re: Possible Date of Photo?

Postby Lusby84 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately it is about 15 years ago since my grandfather showed me the original/copy that he had, and it has since disappeared elsewhere into the family. I fortunately had scanned it in.
From memory, there was nothing on the back or any kind, and it was small passport size picture so am assuming it was a copy rather than an original.

But 1850's sounds good to me!! As the age of the man would fit at between 60-69.
Lusby84

Return to Photo identification