Moderator Control Panel ]

Family Historian 6 Family Tree Software

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Family Historian 6 Family Tree Software

Postby TCJ » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:46 am

Hi, I recently purchased the Family Historian 6 Family Tree Software and just wondered whether anyone else had this software and could please tell me if there is a way to download the family tree charts to the computer? I can see that there is an option to print them but I was hoping to find a way to be able to download them. Thank you very much in advance.
TCJ

Re: Family Historian 6 Family Tree Software

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:51 am

Yes, you can print them to paper, but you can also print them to an Adobe Acrobat .PDF file and save that on your computer. That's the only practical way to save them. FH comes with the ability to print to PDF (printing to PDF and saving to PDF are the same thing.)

I advise you to read the Guide book that comes with FH carefully! There's a lot in it.

Sent from my Moto G6 Play using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby TCJ » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:08 am

Thank you very much for your kind reply to my post Adrian. Unfortunately I no longer have the guide book that came with the Family Historian 6 disc as it was accidentally thrown away, but even just knowing that there is an opportunity to save things to a PDF format is helpful. I will try to Google it further and see whether I can find any other information about it online. Unfortunately I don't have a printer or scanner so cannot print the chart that I have created, but if there is an opportunity to save it to the computer I will be thrilled. Thank you again for your kind help today.
TCJ

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:00 am

Check the Help menu - I can't do that right now but I have a suspicion that the Guide will have been installed as a PDF on your computer, accessible from the Help menu.

Sent from my Moto G6 Play using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby Mellie » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:39 pm

I suggest that you join the Family Historian User Group (FHUG) available from the Help Menu, then go to 'Forums', they are very helpful on there. There is also the FHUG Knowledge Base which has a great deal of information and will help to get you started.

Margaret
Mellie

Postby TCJ » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Thank you very much Adrian ad Margaret. I will try both.
TCJ

Postby Mick Loney » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:49 pm

There is a free PDF guide “getting the most from family historian V5” available to download from FHUG,(see link https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?i ... umentation).

Although written for Version 5, 95% is applicable to Version 6, and covers the main parts of FH.

If you prefer a physical book, you could buy the updated version. which is available from the Calico Pie website and elsewhere.

You really must join FH user group (it is free), you’ll find lots of help and guidance, and I can’t emphasise too much how helpful the members are (me included :D :D )
Mick Loney

Postby TCJ » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Thank you very much for your kind help Mick. I really appreciate it.
TCJ

Return to General research queries