Moderator Control Panel ]

Kresen Kernow (Cornwall Record Office)

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Kresen Kernow (Cornwall Record Office)

Postby junkers » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:42 pm

I paid a visit to the new home of the Cornwall Record Office (now called Kresen Kernow) in Redruth. It is a £21 million new facility and is in the process of getting all of the facilities installed, the café is not yet ready. The building contains the library and the archives office as well as exhibition spaces. I found the staff very friendly and helpful and I was able to find most of what I was looking for, unfortunately some of the parish registers were heavily water-damaged. As with most archives it is closed on Mondays and closes at 4.40pm on other days, with an hourly document order service from 10 am until 3 pm, except 1pm. At the moment there are still some tours being carried out. You will need two forms of identity with your address and signature and if you are only visiting once then they can issue you with a temporary pass.

The office can be visited by using buses to the Tesco store about 150 yards away.
junkers

Return to Genealogy chat