Moderator Control Panel ]

Brick wall

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Brick wall

Postby Moonbeam79 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:05 pm

I’m really struggling to find info about my grandmother. She was born August 1911 died in 1966.birth name lily edge her mother was bailey. She was married to a man named hampson,but he was in the army and she ended up with a man called Martin Tonks. I can’t find her birth records, but have found her burial info. If anyone could help find anything at all I’d be really grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Moonbeam79

Re: Brick wall

Postby KayFarndon » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:36 pm

I am thinking that you might be new to research as you have given scant details and importantly omitting a place of birth.

On FreeBMD there is Lily Edge born in the September Quarter of 1911which covers July, August & September and her mother's maiden name was Bailey. The death was registered in West Bromwich.
KayFarndon

Postby Moonbeam79 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks for replying,yes new to doing research, started last year.she would have been born under West Bromwich,and spent most of her life in wednesbury. Believe she lived in derby road and old park road wednesbury, but haven’t been able to find much else.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Moonbeam79

Postby KayFarndon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:37 pm

I can see that I am the only person to respond to your query, this is possibly because they are thinking the same as me and that you should apply for the birth certificate.
I assume the birth of the person I found is your grandmother and her birth certificate will give you her birth details.

She married Joseph Hampson in the September Quarter of 1930 registered West Bromwich.
KayFarndon

Return to Genealogy chat