Moderator Control Panel ]

WDYTYA 2019 TV series

A place to chat about the 16th series of the genealogy programme, which will feature stories from Kate Winslet, Daniel Radcliffe, Sharon Osbourne and more.

WDYTYA 2019 TV series

Postby phsvm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:42 pm

The new line up's been announced. To be shown this summer.

Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet
Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe
TV personality Sharon Osbourne
Bond star Naomie Harris
Comedian Paul Merton
Comedienne Katherine Ryan
ex-TOWIE star Mark Wright
and comedian Jack Whitehall – who, in a first for the series – will take part in the show alongside his father, Michael Whitehall

I'm beginning to get the feeling that the BBC have a pool of 'tame' celebs who 'do the rounds' - WDYTYA, Have I Got News For You, Strictly, Question of Sport. Does anyone get that impression?
phsvm

Re: WDYTYA 2019 TV series

Postby AdrianB38 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Sharon Osbourne is "tame"?? Really? Though she's not Ozzy, so maybe so

Sent from my Moto G6 Play using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby junkers » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:43 pm

The BBC do not make the series but it is by Wall to Wall. I don't mind who it is as long as it interesting and varied, helps if you know who they are (?Towie). Personally I don't understand the need to have links to Royalty as most of us do have those links and I love it when there are slip-ups (e.g. Mr and Mrs Do).
junkers

Postby Tabithabenef » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 am

I agree as long as its interesting and varied - not stuck on the same person all show or same old thing - like WW1 - unless it unusual like a nurse in WW1 or resistance WW2. Something different to get your teeth into.

Some of the more interesting ones have been people I have never heard of. A few of the ones I was really looking forward to have been a big disappointment as the Celebs were uninterested in hearing about the research or the person they researched about lacked any kind of interest (as far as i was concerned) All my opinion.

Why do the researchers tend to stick on one person - rather than exploring a few people on the tree and further back in time than the last 100 years. 10 minutes on 4 or 5 is better than 30 mins on one person & rush any others. Its not always good television for people who are interested in the research and where to find the records further back
Tabithabenef

Postby Tabithabenef » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:24 am

May i ask why Daniel's and Naioni's threads are now locked and not open for posts or edits.

Some people watch shows later and may like to add messages or thoughts.

The previous series 2018/2017 ( I haven't looked at the others recently) are still open for posts.

Is this a new rule?
Tabithabenef

Postby Rosemary Collins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi Tabitha,

We decided to lock the threads on the TV series after a week as they were getting too difficult to moderate otherwise. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine

rosemary.collins@immediate.co.uk
Rosemary Collins

Postby Tabithabenef » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:01 am

Thank you for the reply - Appreciate the reason - Personally I would have have though 2 weeks or a month for people to catch up with their recordings especially if on holiday, but its your companies decision.
Tabithabenef

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2019