Moderator Control Panel ]

Ancestry - edit box design change

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Ancestry - edit box design change

Postby MAW » Thu May 16, 2019 12:07 pm

I have noticed a recent design change in Ancestry edit boxes and I am experiencing the following problems as a consequence:

1. Very slow response when 'save' is selected.

2. Information edited in an 'edit marriage' box does not transpose to the other partner.

3. Lifestory places for exclusively UK based individuals include USA locations!

Has anyone noticed this change?

Mark
MAW

Re: Ancestry - edit box design change

Postby meekhcs » Thu May 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Yes I did today. I was looking specifically at marriages. I found that if I unticked the new edit box it worked as it use to regarding adding the the spouse and saving the record to both.

Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
meekhcs

Postby MAW » Thu May 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Do you mean unticking the 'Show this event on LifeStory' button? I tried this on a number of marriage edit boxes but experienced the same slow response / non transposition issue.

I telephoned Ancestry Support today without much joy - I was told that the changes in design may cause problems but that they will eventually sort themselves out!
MAW

Postby meekhcs » Thu May 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Yes, that is what I meant. It worked fine for me then.

The trouble I find with Ancestry is it appears to work differently according to what device etc you are using to view it on. Whenever they "upgrade" their website they do not tend to make sure it then works on every possible combination that is out there.

All we can do is shout when the website isn't functioning properly and hope they take notice!!
meekhcs

Return to General research queries