Moderator Control Panel ]

Working for De Havilland Aircraft Co in South Africa 1959

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Working for De Havilland Aircraft Co in South Africa 1959

Postby tim@coward.com » Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 pm

I am trying to locate details of a distant relative who apparently was working for "De Havilland Aircraft Co in South Africa as a Representative" in late 1959

The above is not a lot to go on but it is a start ....

I have contacted without any success yet ....
De Havilland co.za website (Technical & History of planes etc)
De Havilland Museum at London Colney (Technical & History of planes etc)
British Aerospace being the now parent Co (Cannot help due to GDRP !!!!)

If anyone can recommend where I might be able to find further information I would be grateful
tim@coward.com

Re: Working for De Havilland Aircraft Co in South Africa 195

Postby AdrianB38 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:25 pm

So far as I can tell, UK passenger lists go up to 1960 on Ancestry and FindMyPast - the 2 don't have the same contents. See http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help ... assengers/

These would seem the best bet outside DH records. I'm assuming that you know the chap's name, by the way.

As far as GDPR goes, that doesn't apply if you can demonstrate that the chap is dead - however, GDPR does mean that you can't look through the books yourself, so you'd need his details, and a death certificate. Plus whatever cash BAe want to look through the books. Which request is reasonable in my opinion. Though that doesn't mean that the amount is!

Sent from my Moto G6 Play using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Re: Working for De Havilland Aircraft Co in South Africa 195

Postby tim@coward.com » Tue May 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Many thanks
tim@coward.com

Return to General research queries