Moderator Control Panel ]

Was my ancestor a Catholic and where was she buried?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Was my ancestor a Catholic and where was she buried?

Postby ianbee » Thu May 09, 2019 8:35 am

brunes08 wrote:On freebmd there is a Mary Webb, aged 77, who died in the Sept 1/4 1932 so would fit the August death. The death is registered in West Ham. Would this be her?

4a 216
Sub-district North Leyton.

It might be Mary Walker born circa 1854, Northamptonshire, married Alfred Webb in Kent in 1880. Who apparently died in 1932, according to some trees.
Last available census, 1911, Mary Webb, age 56, a widow in Mile End. Looking up the children in the new GRO birth index, mmn is Walker.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWPC-7S3
ianbee

Postby KayFarndon » Fri May 10, 2019 9:15 am

I can see that you have not as yet made a response to any of the forum users who have given their thoughts, so do not know whether you have advanced any further or used the suggestions they give.
This is my repeat idea, given to former queries of a similar nature.

Most councils can put you in touch with bereavement services, who should be able to help you. I found this service when I was trying to locate the burial place of my grand parents. I knew it would have been Southampton, but no idea where, so I wrote to the local council and they put me in touch with the bereavement service who were able to supply me with what I needed. Hope this is a helpful response.
KayFarndon

Postby Elaine59 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:19 am

My cousin and I spent months going through burial records looking for our gtx3 grandfather's grave in the main cemetery in the town where he lived but with no success. We knew he had been buried there as we had a newspaper report of his funeral detailing the procession through town and who had attended. As you can imagine, we felt as though we were banging our heads against a brick wall. On a trip to the area (we both lived miles away so hadn't been able to go there prevously) we found him. He had been buried along with his wife, who had died some years before, and their son who had died in infancy. The headstone gave us all the details of who had been buried there but the information about our gtx3grandfather had not been written up into the burial records. Find out if any of her relatives were buried in Plaistow too and you might find she was buried with them. Good luck!
Elaine59

Previous

Return to General research queries