Moderator Control Panel ]

Help with marriage certificate, Florence Wallace

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Help with marriage certificate, Florence Wallace

Postby Mick Loney » Tue May 07, 2019 5:20 am

It really depends how important this line is, because

a) You have to find correct registration amongst the multiple choices
b) If you trust that fathers name on certificate is accurate. Sadly, people lied when registering children, or they had changed their surname since birth.

My own grandmother’s father is incorrect on both her birth and marriage certificates. He was born with surname Banks, but went by adopted step-fathers surname of Howard! That particular brickwall took years to breakdown :D
Mick Loney
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:39 am

Re: Help with marriage certificate, Florence Wallace

Postby Simon45 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:07 am

Mick Loney wrote:It really depends how important this line is, because

a) You have to find correct registration amongst the multiple choices
b) If you trust that fathers name on certificate is accurate. Sadly, people lied when registering children, or they had changed their surname since birth.

My own grandmother’s father is incorrect on both her birth and marriage certificates. He was born with surname Banks, but went by adopted step-fathers surname of Howard! That particular brickwall took years to breakdown :D


Hi
I will order the birth certificate of Frederick Willis
Although I cannot find a marriage between Welham and Willis ...??

Kind regards
Simon


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Help with marriage certificate, Florence Wallace

Postby ianbee » Tue May 07, 2019 9:32 am

Hi
I would be inclined to be cautious (as always). It's all a bit hypothetical - and messy. And there may be further suggestions to come.
But if you do order it, good luck!
Ian
ianbee
 
Posts: 2273
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: Help with marriage certificate, Florence Wallace

Postby Simon45 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:35 am

ianbee wrote:Hi
I would be inclined to be cautious (as always). It's all a bit hypothetical - and messy. And there may be further suggestions to come.
But if you do order it, good luck!
Ian


Hi Ian
Yes I agree it’s a bit of a mine field trying to find the correct certificate

I’ll wait to see if anyone else finds more information

Simon :)


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Help with marriage certificate, Florence Wallace

Postby Mick Loney » Tue May 07, 2019 12:18 pm

One thing to bear in mind. Fred might not be Florence’s natural son, but her stepson or even an adopted son. Always something to bear in mind, so surname of Welham may be a complete red herring!
Mick Loney
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:39 am

Re: Help with marriage certificate, Florence Wallace

Postby Simon45 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Mick Loney wrote:One thing to bear in mind. Fred might not be Florence’s natural son, but her stepson or even an adopted son. Always something to bear in mind, so surname of Welham may be a complete red herring!


Ok thank you
As even on George Munts death certificate it says the informant was his “step son” F Willis

All good fun trying to work where everyone fits in .......


Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:49 am

Previous

Return to General research queries


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests