Moderator Control Panel ]

Findmypast down..?

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Findmypast down..?

Postby Cachalot6972 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:25 am

Is anyone else having trouble getting on to Findmypast?
Since yesterday morning I've just been getting the message "Sorry, we had trouble getting those results. Bear with us and try again later, while we work on this issue."
Phil

Indecision is the key to flexibility...
Cachalot6972

Re: Findmypast down..?

Postby Mick Loney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:23 am

Phil,
I was just about to post the following:

“In the past few weeks, I have noticed a lot of errors being reported, such as 500, Oops etc and Sorry etc messages from Findmypast search engine. It has made site almost unusable.‬
‪Anyone else experiencing same, or know what problem is‬”

Is this what you mean :D
Mick Loney

Postby AdrianB38 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Everyone is in the same boat.

It's posted on their Facebook page - no particular explanation. I can get on, bring up the search screens but no answers.

No technically literate message from FMP but that's no surprise as all organizations think that technical explanations will scare the horses.

Sent from my Moto G6 Play using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby Mick Loney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Just had this reply from the support team:

Thank you for contacting our support team in relation to the website issues between 10th and 12th April.
We do believe these intermittent issue have now been resolved, and full service on the website has been resumed.
Your browser may be storing an old error page at this point, so please hard refresh your browser to clear this (CTRL + F5 together)
We are completing tests and there may be a few minutes of sporadic down time over the next couple of hours.
We do apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you.
Regards
Karen
Findmypast Support Team
Mick Loney

Return to Genealogy chat