Moderator Control Panel ]

Correct Mundy Line

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Correct Mundy Line

Postby Will Mundy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Hello,

I’ve been researching the Mundy line for a while and have come across a bit of a brick wall. The Mundy line goes back to Islip, Oxfordshire in 1791 from Robert and Ann Mundy. Ann died in 1830 in Islip, Robert was still alive in 1841 living in Islip but then disappears, he is aged about 75. I have found A Robert Mundy in Thame born in 1761 son of Thomas and Elizabeth, in Islip in the early 1800s there is a burial for Thomas and Elizabeth in Islip. However In Islip there are two children born to Robert and Elizabeth Mundy one in 1766 and one in 1772 both names reappear with Robert and Ann in the 1790s in Islip Ann and Hannah, could it be Robert Mundys baptism was never recorded in Islip and Robert and Elizabeth are the correct lines to follow?

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Will Mundy

Re: Correct Mundy Line

Postby ciderdrinker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:49 am

Hi
I see your problem and as you say both could fit.
I do see a possible marriage for Robert and Ann at Leckhampton ,Bucks 3 Oct 1790.
Robert Monday and Anne Creed .
I'd take a look just in case it has some more details.

Ciderdrinker
ciderdrinker

Re: Correct Mundy Line

Postby Artognou » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi,

I have found this marriage, it is probably a bit too early to be your Robert and Ann, but I thought I should mention it;

Name Robert Munday
Spouse's Name Ann Crawford
Event Date 24 Oct 1782
Event Place Aston Rowant, Oxford, England

Aston Rowant is just slightly south of Thame and is right on the cusp of the Chilterns.
Interestingly, I have a friend who has the Mundy surname and he lives on the other side of the M40 from Thame.
Artognou

Return to General research queries