Moderator Control Panel ]

Thomas Watts bap 29/7/1798 Thatcham Berkshire

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Thomas Watts bap 29/7/1798 Thatcham Berkshire

Postby meekhcs » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 pm

A small update. I am off to Winchester Record Office in a fortnight.
I have identified 4 marriages in Hampshire. One for Thomas Watts, 2 for William Watts and a 4th, a remarriage, for a Joseph Watts who was born at the same time as Thomas and William. They all lived in the Kingsclere area in1841. I am hoping they are brothers.
I am a little worried that I found a another set of transcribed records through Dusty Docs for marriages in Hannington and Kingsclere and Fathers are not mentioned until 1837! Joseph remarried in 1846 so hopefully his Father will be recorded. That will at least give me another angle to research and I will arrange a visit to Berkshire. I don't think time will allow me to visit both in the same day.
meekhcs

Re: Thomas Watts bap 29/7/1798 Thatcham Berkshire

Postby meekhcs » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Further update......

A fruitless search at Winchester Record Office.

As I expected, the marriage records for my Thomas Watts and the two marriages for William Watts were in the old format, and didn't mention their Father's name.

Regarding the marriage for Joseph Watts in 1846 in Kingsclere District, I methodically checked each parish in the registration district, and didn't find it. Either I missed it, or it was missed when the records were put on microfiche. I have sent for the cert from GRO.

Meanwhile, I will do a full analysis of the Watts Family who a) said they were born in the Speen/Stockross area of Berkshire to see where they ended up b) all the Watts Family records from the Kingsclere area in the 1841 census to try and find BMD's and future census records etc and c) The Watts Family who were baptised in Thatcham, Berks to see what happened to them, although the more I look the more I think this is a different Family to mine.

Will report back in a coupleof weeks hopefully.

Sally
meekhcs

Previous

Return to General research queries