Moderator Control Panel ]

James Gibson 1907 (Ochiltree) - 1993 (Kirkintilloch)

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

James Gibson 1907 (Ochiltree) - 1993 (Kirkintilloch)

Postby Robbie J N » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:44 am

If anyone has any info on James Gibson who married a Jane Smart Kerr Ferguson, also called Jeanie, in 1927 and then lived in Kirkintilloch in Scotland. He was my great-uncle and I have no ideas what, if any, children he had. Scotland’s People only has, easily viewable, birth records over 100 years old. All his siblings had at least one middle name, but he didn’t so is quite difficult to track down accurately.
Additional information - Parents were James Gibson and Margaret Wallace Millar, married 1907 in Ochiltree, Ayrshire. He was the oldest of 7 children. His wife’s full name was based on her death record, rather than her abbreviated name on her marriage record, Jeanie Ferguson. His death in 1993 is hopefully accurate, based on his wife’s death in Kirkintilloch in 1982.

Any names for children and grandchildren would be appreciated, thank you.
I know this isn’t direct ancestry, but a bit sideways, though might ultimately help with eventually going backwards more successfully.

Quick addition:
There is a Jean T K Millar Gibson born in 1928 who might be a possibility as her birth was registered in both Kirkintilloch and Kilmarnock (Ayr), which was where James lived prior to his marriage.
Also, a Margaret Millar Gibson was born in 1933 Kirkintilloch, possibly named after her grandmother.
Robbie J N

Re: James Gibson 1907 (Ochiltree) - 1993 (Kirkintilloch)

Postby Amazinggrace » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi Robbie,have you checked the parish records?
Grace :D
Amazinggrace

Return to General research queries