Moderator Control Panel ]

Brick Wall Hannah Bundi Voyles

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Brick Wall Hannah Bundi Voyles

Postby MindyMorgan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 am

Hello I hope there is some help out there. I have searched along with many others for the Parents of Hannah Voyles born Bundi 1748-1808. She married William Voyles and lived in North Carolina & died there. Some records have her born in Italy but there are a lot of Quakers in NC named Bundi/Bundy. Many records after she married William but not much on her life before. Any help finding info on my 5x's Gr. grandmother would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
MindyMorgan

Re: Brick Wall Hannah Bundi Voyles

Postby woodchal » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:20 pm

There is so much stuff for this lady if you google her name, though none identifies her earlier family history. For example in 2008 Ryan Zink posted on a genealogy.com forum. He had her name as HANNAH SARAH RHODESIA BUNDI and that she married WILLIAM VOYLES, who was born in 1741 in DENBIGHSHIRE, WALES and died January 18, 1798 in CONCORD, NORTH CAROLINA.

Bundi (or Bundy) would appear to be her maiden name.

Not sure about "Rhodesia" as Cecil Rhodes was born much later. However there are still plenty of Bundy's in Denbighshire. Some trees would suggest that the Bundy family has links to Wiltshire. If you can trace a marriage in Denbighshire then I would doubt the Italian connection.
Last edited by woodchal on Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodchal

Postby MoVidger » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Mindy may already have the following info, which has a couple of references to Hannah Bundi and her presumed birth in Italy. http://www.fgs-project.com/northcarolin ... am-01.html
MoVidger

Postby MayHam » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:56 pm

The 1880 page listing David Voyles age 93 appears to be out of order. He is found in Howard, Indiana on page 417B rather than 418C as stated on the website. His parents' birthplaces are spelled as "Wales" and "Itily."

There is a family tree on Ancestry that says Hannah's parents are William Bundi (1720, Italy-1770, North Carolina) and Mary Guy (1722, Italy-1758, PA). I couldn't find a death record for Mary in Pennsylvania but there are several wills in North Carolina for a William Bundy from 1732-1763.
MayHam

Return to General research queries