Moderator Control Panel ]

August issue (and September onsale)

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

RE: August issue (and September onsale)

Postby margaretabram » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:16 pm

What I forgot to say is that the quality, content and standard of articles remains high. I have never been disappointed in an issue yet. This magazine is very much the leader in terms of something for everyone. Also it's great to see the forum so busy - I'm loving it!
Mags
margaretabram

Postby FamilyHistoryAddict » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 pm

I didn't mind about getting my copy early. I can control myself and not read the stuff pertaining to the programme! [;)]

Cheers, FHA
FamilyHistoryAddict

Postby pre1837 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Well, I'm in Hampshire and I am STILL waiting for mine!
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby worrals » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:30 pm

I'm a subscriber in Norfolk and I got my copy on tuesday as well!
I managed to restrain myself from looking at the Jerry Springer article until after the programme.
Excellent episode. Very moving.

worrals

worrals

Postby Annie08 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:36 am

I'm in Kent and got my copy yesterday. Luckily as I was going out straight from work I'd set DVD to watch episode when I got home. I couldn't wait until the showing today on BBC 2 as sometimes its discussed at work and that spoils it too - I can't always stick my fingers in my ears! I watched the episode and then discovered postman had been and so was reading my copy at quarter past midnight - still got lots left to read though.

If the day had been different, I would have opened it and started reading, hopefully next month it will arrive after the Wednesday.

Anyway great mag and an enjoyable accompliment to the series. Thank you all concerned.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby GenieDi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 am

My copy arrived this morning, I have only just subscribed so had no real idea when it would arrive. I took advantage of the 3 for £1 offer.

Find it very difficult to pick them up here at times so went for the sub.
GenieDi

Postby Baggybooks » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 am

I haven't seen it for sale where I am.

It sounds like you all think it's worth buying - but what about when the series isn't airing. What's the content like then? Not sure if I want to subscribe if it turns into just another mag.
Helen - searching for Abbotts and Monks - East London - 1850's onwards!

Also Lingards - where are you all?
Baggybooks

Postby colliehouse » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 am

It certainly wasn't just Nottinghamshire, I'm in Caithness and I got it on Tuesday and if something can be late arriving it will be here [&:] . As someone who often reads the end of a book a few pages in I have to admit I read the issue immediately. It didn't spoil my enjoyment of the programme at all, in fact I watched the repeat tonight as well and enjoyed it as much as last night. Absolutely brilliant series as usual.
colliehouse

Postby clivus43ad » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Im a subscriber living in Hampshire. I got mine on Tuesday too but it didn't spoil the show for me. My wife got to my mag first and I only got it back last night.
Clive
clivus43ad

Postby Hunnie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:46 pm

In response to Baggybooks, the mag does have WDYTYA? content when the series isn't on air on the BBC (though it's repeated on UKTV during the BBC downtimes) - interviews with past subjects of the series etc - but it's also probably the best and most accessible genealogy magazine on the market so worth giving it a go!

Enjoy!
Hunnie

PreviousNext

Return to Magazine chat