Moderator Control Panel ]

A fond farewell

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

A fond farewell

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm very sorry to say that today will be my last day at Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. After six-and-a-half years on the team, I'm now flying the nest and leaving to pursue new challenges (and all of those clichés!)

Although most of the recent forum duties have been carried out by my excellent colleague, Rosemary Collins, I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of such a passionate and engaged online community. I've certainly learned a great deal from the thousands of threads posted here!

I've also been fortunate enough to have made some wonderful family history friendships, not least with the late Sylvia Murphy (perhaps better known as 'sylcec'), who is still sorely missed by the whole team.

I plan to carry on writing various bits and pieces for the magazine, so you'll definitely see my name popping up in print from time to time. Plus, as a keen family historian outside of work, I've still got a few of my own brick walls to smash – you may well find me posting on here again (albeit in a 'civilian' capacity)!

With very best wishes,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: A fond farewell

Postby Lucretia66 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:46 pm

Best of luck in all your future endeavours. Hope you have a lot of fun with new challenges and life in general. And good luck with your own genealogy brick walls.
Lucretia66

Postby sdup26 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Jon - all the best in whatever you do in the future.
sdup26

Postby AdrianB38 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Yes, best of luck. And I trust that we didn't make your job too difficult!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby meekhcs » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Good Luck Jon, and thank you!
meekhcs

Postby Amazinggrace » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:17 am

Will miss seeing that cheeky face,good luck and thank you.
Grace
Amazinggrace

Postby JaneyH » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Thanks for all your work for the magazine and this forum. Best wishes for pastures new!

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Postby Ivan Watson » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi Jon,

All the very best in your future endeavours! I really appreciated your excellent work when we collaborated on a 'my family hero' piece a few months ago and I've enjoyed reading your posts and articles. Cheers, Ivan
Ivan Watson

Postby Joan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Jon Bauckham wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm very sorry to say that today will be my last day at Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. After six-and-a-half years on the team, I'm now flying the nest and leaving to pursue new challenges (and all of those clichés!)

Although most of the recent forum duties have been carried out by my excellent colleague, Rosemary Collins, I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of such a passionate and engaged online community. I've certainly learned a great deal from the thousands of threads posted here!

I've also been fortunate enough to have made some wonderful family history friendships, not least with the late Sylvia Murphy (perhaps better known as 'sylcec'), who is still sorely missed by the whole team.

I plan to carry on writing various bits and pieces for the magazine, so you'll definitely see my name popping up in print from time to time. Plus, as a keen family historian outside of work, I've still got a few of my own brick walls to smash – you may well find me posting on here again (albeit in a 'civilian' capacity)!

With very best wishes,
Jon

Very best luck for the future, take care and enjoy yourself

Sent from my iPad using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Joan

Postby KayFarndon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:46 am

Just sending you my best wishes for the future Jon in whatever you have planned. It has been good to know you and you were always so helpful and will be missed by all of us I am sure.
Good luck,
Kay Farndon
KayFarndon

Next

Return to Magazine chat